- Our classes meet outside in the open air
- Golf is an individual sport and players already stand six feet or more apart
- Our students use only one set of clubs for the duration of class
- Smaller class sizes Following best practice suggestions from local and state health officials, we have limited the number of participants and coaches in any one class. We continue to adjust this number based on the latest information from local and state health officials.
- Special training for coaches All of our coaches and volunteers have received guidance on how to continue to teach as effectively as possible while maintaining physical distance.
- No physical contact We also keep our students at a distance from one another and have restructured our lessons to exclude any games that require contact.
- Equipment sanitization In between classes our staff sanitizes all equipment that has been used. During class we ensure that each participant has their own equipment and doesn't share with others.
- Shared commitment to safety We require all staff, coaches, and volunteers to inform us if they feel ill or if they discover that they may have been exposed to the coronavirus. We also ask that participants and their families do the same.
Click the button below to download our full list of coronavirus-related policies and procedures.
[ddownload id="3423" text="Playing it Safe - Returning to First Tee Greater New Orleans "]